Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Crafting

Do y'all know it's fall? I don't think Mother Nature does. Today it was 79 degrees. Mondays forecast is a high of 39 with a chance of snow. What the heck?

All the leaves here sure are changing though, which gave me a kick in the butt to finally make my fall wreath. I didn't take pictures of the process (I usually never take pictures), but I so have a final product pic!

1. Travel to your local craft store looking for a wreath form. Decide the styrofoam one isn't big enough and buy the much bigger straw one. While there, pick up VT inspired maroon yarn, white polka dot ribbon, and orange polka dot ribbon.

2. Have your husband choose a show you care nothing about. (For me, I believe it was Gold Rush and whatever that show is about the people who live in Alaska as homesteaders.)

3. Start wrapping your wreath with ribbon. If you are OCD, this will take days. For me, it took about 2 hrs.

4. Figure out how to use the ribbon to make a loop for hanging. This involves a lot of knots and glue, especially if you don't want to cut more yarn. (What can I say, I am a lazy crafter.)

5. Wrap the thin ribbon around the wreath in a circle, glue to the back of the wreath. Then use the thicker wire ribbon to wrap around and make a bow.

6. Display proudly, supporting your fave college football team, also serving as a daily reminder that you are a grad student behind on class.

Have fun in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment