Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

D & I had a pretty fantastic weekend, despite D's weird summertime cold.

Friday night, we met up with my cousin, also A, who was coming through town.  We had the chance to grab some good food at a local restaurant (for those local folks, my hubby & my cousin both grabbed a Boston zone).  There was also plenty of girl time catch up, though my poor husband I think tuned us out.  We're like 6 years apart in age, but she spent 2-3 nights a week at our house for most of her life, so she's the closest thing I have had to a sister growing up.  We tend to talk quickly and loudly, nonstop until we have to leave.  It's awesome.

Saturday morning, we debated heading over to a local car sale, just to look.  My motivation was seeing just how much money we will need to spend to replace our current vehicles.  My car is a 2005 with 175000 miles on it, and I'll be adding like 70 miles per day starting Thursday, so we're assuming next year I'll need a replacement.  D drives a truck which was made in 1990something.  His mileage isn't as high as mine, but we've already fixed the transmission twice, so we're just happy every day that it gets him to and from work.  Instead of heading to the car sale, we ended up meeting his parents.  We hit up a Cook-Out, which I'm in love with.  Everyone else?  Not so much.  Then we hit a Kohls, where his mom & dad grabbed a few quick things for the beach.  After that, we headed to the Harley Davidson store for his dad to pick up some oil-change supplies.  I slyly mentioned, "Oh look!  They sell helmets here!" This is a running joke in my household.  My husband owns a Harley (as well as 2 dirt bikes and a 4 wheeler), and, while he has a helmet that I can wear, the helmet has never fit well.  It sort of wiggles on my head, which I chalked up to my odd shaped head.  A size smaller and I have a headache because it's too tight.  The "proper size" doesn't stay 100% stationary.  Then, the salesgirl pointed me to these "new" egg-styled helmets.  Apparently, women's heads can sometimes be shaped like mine, so a change to the shape & I had a perfectly fitting helmet.  There were only 4 designs, none of which I loved, but we ordered one nonetheless.  I'll be very excited if we end up riding this fall to have a helmet that is comfortable!

That evening, we were supposed to go celebrate our friend H's birthday, but we ended up home too late.  So instead, D & I grabbed a quick bite at a new local sub shop Penn Street Station (Phenomenal subs!) and went to see The Lone Ranger.  Blog friends, if you haven't seen this movie, Go Tonight.  It's really entertaining, Johnny Depp is, of course, fabulous, as are the rest of the cast.  Unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't seem to think so.  It's only been out like 3 weeks, and already it's only playing 2 times per day.
Sunday was a great, lazy day.  We filled it with a trip to Sam's Club, watching (and napping through) the NASCAR race, and grass-mowing.

I love weekends like this!  Also, I want to send a special Happy Birthday to my mom!  She had a birthday Sunday, and I get to see her Wednesday!

How was your weekend!  Do you have a weekend wrapup blog?  Leave it in the comments, I'd love to read it!

1 comment: