Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy July 4th!!!

Anyone who knows me well (or has known me since high school), knows that the appearance of July brings me (and my family) into a dark place. To remedy that, above all, I try to think of ways that I can be thankful for everything I have. 


So here's a shot of the gorgeous fireworks Carowinds shot off in honor of our 1st anniversary! Wasn't that super awesome of them!!! Just kidding...

They are in honor of the sacrifices so many men and women have made over the years to secure freedom in America. 

So Happy Birthday America!!  Even if yours was just as soaking wet as ours (seriously, we huddled into a tunnel by a roller coaster with maybe 20 of our closest strangers debating whether or not to make a run to the car or wait for the coaster to start back up), I hope you enjoyed it. Even more, I hope you take the  time to remember why we get the day off to celebrate. Finally, I hope you take a minute to send up a quick thank you for all those who didn't get the day off, because their job is to keep fighting for our safety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment