Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I LOVE my new sofa! And it's easy to clean!!!

On a recent, rainy Sunday, my husband asked if I wanted to go look at furniture.  You know, to get some ideas for what we might want.  Ha.

After 5 hours and 4 stores, we had successfully purchased our first furniture as a couple.  It arrived Saturday, and we have loved every second of it.

Isn't it gorgeous?














My friend, L, (who has a fantastic blog here, you should check it out!) has microfiber furniture too, and said she loved it.  And she has little kids, so obviously it must be easy to clean!

I was perusing Pinterest the other day, and discovered a pin indicating that it was the easiest way to clean microfiber cloth, so I followed it.  I discovered this blog, with pictures and directions to clean my wonderful couch.  I repinned it, thinking I would need it eventually. 
  This morning, I discovered two places of stain:
Potentially chocolate, from my bday cupcake


















Weird, white stains.  Dog drool?


















So, I went to CVS, to pick up the 1 supply I was missing.  All you need is a spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, a white cloth (my source said use a white sponge, but neither I nor CVS had such a thing), and a plastic bristle brush.
CVS Rubbing Alcohol, Target Spray Bottle, and an old white washcloth.

I think this is from Wal-Mart, I've had it for years.































All you do is saturate the stain with rubbing alcohol, and rub out the stain.  Then, when it's totally dry, use the brush to re-fluff your fabric.
Good as new!

I don't have a pic of the chocolate stain, but I promise it came out too.  It was just still wet when I wanted to type this up, so I haven't fluffed it yet.


4 comments:

  1. hmmm, good advice! I had a huge wrap around, dark brown microfiber couch and loved it, but the dog hair from my dog stuck to it all the time (like static cling, or magnet!), I was constanly cleaning it so we did without microfiber... I never thought about rubbing alcohol, but I'll remember that to tell my friends! Your living room looks great by the way!
    -Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dog (110 lbs; I'm convinced 80% of which is pure fur) has only been on the sofa once, this morning, right after breakfast. When I got down, he did too. So I grabbed our dust buster and did a quick once over with that, and the hair came straight off.

    Thanks for the compliment! We have been in our house for 4 months now, and I just moved the bookshelves around the day I took that pic. Before that they were swapped. I like this look way better!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey! Thank you so much for stopping by, and following -- It looks like you're doing wonderfully. Love the coffee and end tables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you when I was reading Lauren's Nerium plug. That baby girl of yours is gorgeous, just like her parents! So are you doing the Nerium thing too? Lauren delivered me one of her bottles, and I'm not sure yet about jumping in. I'd love your thoughts if you're into it. Shoot me an email or a facebook message!

    ReplyDelete