Wednesday, August 22, 2012

From the mouth of babes.

Here's Monday afternoon's conversation between my oldest nephew B and I after his first day of kindergarten:

Hey! How was your day?

It was fun.

What did you do?

Well I had fun. And one boy got on the red and one kid got on the yellow.

What happens if you get on the red?

You go see...umm...you see umm...what's the principals name?
Pause. No answer from anyone.
Umm I don't know his name but you go see the principal.

Oh wow! That's not good. Did you stay on the green all day?

Yes ma'am

And what is your teachers name?

Miss jones (Note: I'm not really sure that's what he said. He sorta mumbled it)

Ok! What else did you do?

We had a fire drill.

Oh what do you do in a fire drill?

Well you run fast, no no you don't run. You walk fast and line up and you wait for the firefighters to tell you that you can go back inside.

Oh wow. Were you scared?

No! It was not a real fire drill. It was a pretend fire drill.

Oh ok. And did you take a nap? (Note: he told D that he wouldn't take a nap in kindergarten. I just didn't believe it)

Nope. There are no naps in kindergarten. No more naps for me.

Oh Awesome! And did you get to go outside?

Yeah I did. But I don't want to talk about that. I don't want to talk anymore. Can you talk to daddy?

Yeah, or mommy.

Ok love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment