Monday, March 9, 2015

Stitch Fix #3: a Review

Over the past year or so I've started "rewarding" myself with Stitch Fix, which a personalized box of clothing & accessories that are hand picked just for you based on a survey & your Pinterest boards. I thought I'd take a minute to share with yall my latest box & how I feel about it! 

When you order the box, it costs $20 in a "styling fee" which is then deducted from the cost of the items you purchase. In each box, you receive 5 items. I have generally gotten a mix of tops and bottoms + one jewelry piece. Other people get purses, but I'm not a purse girl, so I have my settings to never send me purses. Or pink items since I hate pink. Stitch Fix is good like that. They also come with the prices, which I'll share. Keep in mind, I am set to the cheapest level possible. Repeat. CHEAPEST. 

With the 5 items, you also get a card with outfit ideas & a personalized note from your stylist discussing why she (or I guess he, idk) chose the items in your box.  I love the notes because it helps me rationalize why certain items would have been included and what holes in my closet they could meet. 


Here's my box. Ignore the messy bathroom. And the awkward faces. And the scrub bottoms. I'm ready for bed before I fix super. 

Item 1: vesta swirl drop earrings $28
I like these a lot. Unfortunately, my skin, especially my ears, reacts poorly to the nickle they are made of. So back to stitch fix they go.  

Item 2: Level 99 Cayden Skinny Jeans $98
These jeans are SUPER SOFT. They also fit, for the first time since I've ordered these, which is probably more AdvocRe related than anything else.  But (a) they're $98 and I just bought $11 skinny jeans, (b) they're cropped pants, which I don't do. What's up with that trend anyway? I look like I bought my jeans too short, and (c) they're freaking $98. I only tried them on to make sure the size was right. 

Item 3: Renee C Gabe Maxi Skirt $48
This was my favorite item. Unfortunately, I already have a black maxi, and a black and white patterned one. The pair of which didn't cost me $48. I don't need another one. If you were to stalk my Pjnterest board, you'd probably think the only maxi I want to wear is this one. Returning but with a sad heart. 

Item 4: Marke & Spruce Aleah V-Necked Heathered Dolman Sleeve Shirt $48
I really like this one. It's really soft, and I think will work all school year through. It's going to be really comfy. I'm not 100% sure about the sleeves & where they should end, but I will play with it some. Keeper for sure. 

Item 5: Sweet Rain Isaac Floral Print Tan-Sleeve Blouse $48
This shirt is see through. That teal underlay is the same shirt I have on in the other pictures. Idk why people think see through shirts are okay. They aren't. They certainly aren't dress code appropriate (as I remind my teenagers constantly.) If you can see through it, you may as well not be wearing it. (And I usually say to them, would you wear that outfit to school without the see through layer? No? Then you shouldn't wear it to school with that layer either) It's also made of a material that my thumbnail snagged on twice just trying it on. So it's going back. 

My next step is to fill out my checkout feedback, which includes what I like & dislike about each item. Then I mail it back within 3 days. They'll use the feedback to guide future boxes. Also, if you keep it all you get a 25% discount on all items. 

It's a lot of fun, and it leads me to purchase clothing that I normally wouldn't try on. I only keep one thing, because I'm a cheapskate. Or on a budget. That sounds better. 

Interested? Use https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3814863 to sign up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment