Sunday, February 8, 2015

#FrostyVoxBox

It's that time again!  I just LOVE being a member of Influenster.  Periodically, I get sent free stuff to use & review!  It's amazing.

This go 'round, I received the Frosty Vox Box, which I honestly expected to be a lot of winter survival things.  Not so much, but so much better!!

Fist up was the NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum

Source
I'm not usually a lipstick girl, but I do really love this color.  It's not overpowering, and it's more of a natural lip color.  The last is, at least in my opinion, pretty typical.  It's gone within a few hours.  Honestly, that's one of the things I don't like about lipstick.  You have to reapply it so much.

Next: Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea

Source
If I'm being honest (which I am), I haven't tried this yet.  No special reason, I just haven't.  I usually like hot teas, but decaf is not really my thing, and with Advocare I haven't really wanted to add in the tea.  (Unrelated side note - you can have tea on Advocare, as long as it doesn't have added stuff.  I haven't checked the ingredients in this yet.)  If anyone loves this, let me know! I'll send it to you since it doesn't look like we're getting the snow day we need for me to down this!

Item 3: EcoTools Hair Brush
Source
It's a hair brush.  I think it's supposed to be all super green & all that jazz.  It's also supposed to make your hair drying time faster.  I don't have a long hair drying time.  So for me, it's just a brush.  And all that brown is rubber, which really just makes it hard to clean out.  My cheap Conair brush may not be as good for the environment, but I like it just as well.

Item 4: McCormick Gourmet Thyme

Source
This is yummy!  Of course, it's thyme, and I had to Google things to use it on.  My favorite so far?  Homemade rotisserie chicken.  I buy a whole chicken from the meat department (and they had 2 packs at Sam's the other day), take out the nasty bag of insides (why do they even leave those in there?), and then put the chicken in the crock pot (sitting on 4 aluminum foil balls.)  Sprinkle with thyme and some season salt, cook on low for a workday.  It's pretty awesome!!

Item 5: Fruit Vines Bites in Strawberry
Source
I am ashamed to say that I ate an entire package of these in one sitting, and not the small single serving size either, the 2.5 servings per bag one.  They. Were. Awesome.  Now, they aren't Advocare friendly, but I ate them before I started the program.  And they'd make a great cheat day snack.  

Item 6: Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
Source
This is pretty good stuff.  I'm not an eye makeup remover connoisseur, but I like this kind.  The brand I usually use is more of a creamy type that tends to make my greasy skin worse & hurts my eyes.  This is a clear liquid, so that helps with the oiliness factor.  I'm also TERRIBLE about just leaving my makeup on my eyes, so getting this one has meant that I have, on occasion, done a better job of taking off my makeup at night.

Final Item: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
Source
Oh goodness, y'all.  This has been my favorite thing.  Even more so than the Fruit Vines!  I got this in the black shade.  If I had been buying it for myself, I probably would have bought it in brown.  Historically, I've always used a liquid eyeliner, so this was a change for me.  It does have more of a tendency to smear than my liquid version, but it also goes on smoother and more precisely.  Not gonna lie here, I had to buy an eyeliner pencil because I've used the tip totally down & loved it so much I couldn't let it go!  This is good stuff.  Go get some for yourself!

So, there you have it!  I got all of these wonderful things for free from Influenster, just for the purpose of using them & sharing my opinions with the world!  Want in?  Send me a message or leave a comment & I can send you an email with the connection info!









No comments:

Post a Comment