Saturday, June 8, 2013

Heard at my parent's house

Momma: "Tell her about how you rescued the bunny?"
DP (age 3): "Did I rescue a bunny?"
Me: "I don't know, did you?"
DP: "Yeah. He hopped away." (A further explanation of the story detailed the fact that one of the dogs had carried a baby bunny to the yard. My mom thought it was dead. DP went to get my brother, who went to pick up said dead bunny, and it jumped up and hopped away)

J: "Tell her about talking to the policeman."
DP: "I talked to a policeman."
Me: "What did you talk about?"
DP: "Wowzers in the woods that eat you."

Me: "Did you learn about George Washington?"
B (age 6): "yeah. He's our first President"
"What is a President?"
"They make the rules and tell people what to do."
"Well, yeah, kinda. Who is our President now?"
"Abraham Lincoln."
"No...not Abraham Lincoln. Who was he?"
"He was like the 3rd president." 
"Not the third, he was like the 16th or so."
Then my dad stepped in. "Tell her about who Jesus was."
B: "He was a man who they killed on a telephone pole."
My dad: "But why did they kill him?"
B: "Because they didn't like the rules he made."

O (age 2): "Yamaw Yamaw! Your car is raining!"
My mom: "What? My car is raining?"
"Yes! Your car is raining! Come see!"
She then drags my mom to the window and points at my moms wet car. 
"See! Your car is raining. See my car? It's not raining, but your car is raining." (Note here, my sister in laws car was too far away to see whether it was wet or not.)

From the mouth of babes huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment